After about a week (Oct 20-28th) of arguing and calling with various agents from Sprint and Samsung, I FINALLY received a replacement phone for that certificate of return. Full story/rant here. Continue reading “Samsung Certificate of Return – How to get your Replacement Phone”
I have…well now I had a Note 7. I honest to God LOVED that phone. Best phone ever, besides the random jack in the box, haha I just exploded on you issue. Lucky for me I never had that problem. And I would still rather have a phone that could possibly overheat than have my freedom with electronics taken away (::cough:: iphone closed OS ::cough::). I really loved how I could change my ringtones with MY music, well actually change just about everything on my phone without having to pay for it or without being confined to just a few apps where I MUST obey by their rules… but I digress from the main point of this blog…. SAMSUNG STOLE MY PHONE!!
I had my return flight October 20th from the Philippines. I was able to go on a flight with my Note 7 turned off, ok no biggie. But on my day of departure Philippine airlines decides to change their minds and ban all Note 7’s from their flights. Ok fine, my trust in Samsung has not waivered…yet. After spending over 2 hours with Samsung customer support (including dropped calls, bad overseas connections, transfers and wait time) I was assured that I will have a replacement phone waiting for me in the good ol’ U.S. of A. Even better, Samsung had representatives waiting a the airport to take your Note 7 (AKA confiscate your Note 7) in exchange for a certificate of return. There I was also guaranteed that if I take this magic piece of paper to a Samsung Store, I will be given my replacement phone….
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!! THREE days later, I have spent HOURS with customer support on the phone and online chat, been to Sprint (my carrier) stores, samsung store, sent multiple emails with the proof of purchase and the certificate of return and no one wants to honor this GOD DAMNed PIECE OF TRASH PAPER WITH ITS FANCY ASS SAMSUNG STAMP OF APPROVAL!!!!! (Honestly: There’s an embossed Samsung stamp on the paper, this paper is legit.) How is it that Samsung can so easily take my phone and give me a paper and when I try to give them their paper back, they tell me “I’m sorry I can’t help you with that” Please go through the seventh gate of Hell, bring me the head of a Unicorn and a the tail of a Phoenix and we will see what we can do for you. It seems that no one at Samsung or Sprint knows the procedure with this paper… Samsung, if you are out there in this universe, I know you hired loads more people to help out with this fiasco, and I understand that they all don’t have the proper training and knowledge to handle this situation, but please all I want is my fancy smartphone. Even if you just give me my original Note 7 back. The phone doesn’t even have to come in a box or with a charger. Samsung I still believe in you!
P.S. Dear Unbirthday Adventurers, this rant was brought to you courtesy of my frustration with Samsung.
UPDATE: October 26 – I have been reading articles on those so called pop up Samsung booths. Be forewarned – I was guaranteed I would have a replacement phone when I got to the states, but so far it’s like Samsung has been fighting me tooth and nail over giving me one. They told me that all they are doing is giving refunds, which takes about 3 days to process and 10 -15 days to get be delivered. It’s all hogwash about exchanging the phone for the S7 ESPECIALLY if you don’t have the phone in hand.
UPDATE : How to get a replacement with the Certificate of Return here.
Unfortunately, my usual mode of blogging during this journey has been exclusively via my phone. Which has met the untimely misfortune of committing an attempted suicide jump from my sweater pocket on the bus, onto a screw on the floor of the bus, seppuku style….The middle area of the screen is tempermental with touch functionality. Ere’go the regular scheduled documentation of the Philippines will resume when we are back in the states… also upsetting to inform is since the typhoon hit our flight to manila and boracay was canceled (meaning no adventures there…for this trip). However, there are still undocumented andunexplored adventures to come 😉 I am sure of it!
-Stay optimistic, even when a typhoon uproots all plans. You just need to get a little creative my unbirthday adventurers!
We interrupt your daily dose of travel with us to the Philippines series with an all too important update of … “The Filipino Way”.
Why the interruption you may ask? Well it so happens a typhoon is in Isabella threatening the departure of our flight to Manila 😑, therefore I thought it prudent to relieve my boredom of just waiting around with tidbits we have observed during our stay here…enjoy!
• A packed car, is a packed car in the Philippines. How many Filipinos can you fit in a van. Answer 21.
• Whitening of the skin is as popular here as tanning is, in the U.S.
• Tricycles are as plentiful as taxis in NYC, if not moreso.
• Cost is adversely related to quality and customer service. Cheap price with great service and products! (I.e. facials for 4$, manicure + pedicure combo for 1$)
• Rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, eating with your hands is common place at the table.
- Meet my fancy washing machine. Responds to voice commands, does delicates, and can use food scraps as fuel. 😂When in the Philippines, do as they do, which means to launder as they do too!
- Oh yea, sometimes there’s no “flush” for the toilet. No problem, Betty Crocker knows how it’s done… just add water.
All this brought to you because that’s just how we do it in the Philippines.
Stay observant, and do like the locals do my unbirthday adventurers!
Today the giant comes to the Philippines!
She’s tall, she’s pale, she towers over the rest 🎶🎤 SHE’S ULA!!! The main attraction for the Filipinos but my best friend!
Share the making of your memories my unbirthday adventurers!
Well there’s a first time for everything, this time around it was my first Baseball game, which so happened to be Mets vs the Braves. Now I don’t have a favorite team, let alone know what’s going on in that field of dirt and grass, but I did come out of this venture with a new favorite player!
So here are some Highlights, Lowlights and definite learning experiences.
- Fat people can be agile AF! – This guy, honestly, like a frog catching a fly. He had some amazing plays, plucking a 100 mph baseball out of the air as if it was a rose on a bush. Then tossing it with minimal effort, as we watch the ball zoom to the bases. The opposing players trying to reach that white patch on the dirt, so sorry, YOU’RE OUT!
- As much as I enjoyed watching Bartolo Colon (the frog pitcher), my favorite player award goes to Yoenis Cespedes. I mean his intro is from the Lion King!!! He’s also a badass hitter, I’d rock that neon green sleeve!
- Now it’s no secret, food prices at a Baseball game are no joke. For the cost of one hotdog, you could probably buy a pack of buns and a pack of hotdogs!
At least the fixings are free. Unfortunately, there is a myth…ballpark franks. These were no “ballpark” franks but skinny Nathan’s hotdogs, but still good nonetheless. (As long as the price tag didn’t make your mouth go sour).
- You can have fun and your dog can too! It’s called Bark at the Park, where you get to bring your dog to a baseball game! From a Great Dane to a tiny Chihuahua dressed with a lion ‘s mane (and yes he “rose” to the occasion when Cespedes came out) all kinds of dogs were present. I might just take a page out of their book and bring my dogs to the game dressed in Lion King attire!
- Now a baseball game wouldn’t be complete without a drunken breakout brawl. Luckily, they were escorted out before anything really could happen. I was actually sandwiched in between the action. To the left an irate, drunken guy upset at the heckler kids and the guardians in charge of them, who were sitting at my right. I actually had to get up to move because the buff (most likely part time muscle builders) guardians crossed over to confront the drunk guy. The kids at this point were silent onlookers. It was interesting to watch, a nice hiatus to the game continuing below.
A baseball game…something definitely worth experiencing!
So take yourselves out to the ball game my unbirthday adventurers!!
First official day in the Philippines and its hot and humid af!
Mom: Did you take a shower already?
Me: No… that’s sweat and oil sheen 😒
Some of my favorite food spots in Chinatown also happens to be some of the cheapest. The most expensive item is the unearthly goodness of ice cream (but hey who doesn’t splurge on dessert). For 1$ appetizers head over to
Roast pork buns are my favorite, with its slightly sticky, sweet and firmer texture. It is the god of all pork buns! But you can get a steamed pork bun…if you roll that way…meh. Heck, at 1$ a piece get both..but back in the good ol’ days it used to be 60 cents…
Next stop was this out of the way, hole in the wall shop. Take out only, with the minimalist menu consisting of roast pork or roast duck on rice with veggies (mainly cabbage). At 3.75$ can’t go wrong. And the container is always stuffed to capacity. As for the location, all I can tell you is that it’s across the street from a park with a handball court… Sorry guys I am horrible with directions…and original gifs (but I’ll work on that, promise)
Its another spot where you can’t sit and enjoy. So we mozied along over to listen to old school china classics (aka people playing instruments in the park).
Great food, great music, great friends, all at little to no cost, haha.
Stay curious unbirthday adventurers!
I am excited to announce that after a not so brief hiatus, we are back and better than ever…ok thats a lie. We are just back to fill your brains with more shenanigans after dealing with some adulting and not appreciating how that’s making us feel. #icantadult #teachmehowtoadult
So to update you all, the new schedule for postings hopefully pans out as follows:
Artsy fartsy monday: where I feature a snapchat or drawing of my doing (promise no stick figures…well most likely no stick figures)
New unbirthday adventure wednesday: A blog post featuring a new recipe, DIY, adventure outting etc. Everything basically not related to monday hehe.
Hope to share new adventures with you guys soon. Until then,
Stay curious unbirthday adventurers!